Gray's Reef Expo:
Celebrating NOAA’s 50th Anniversary
November 21 & 22, 2020, 10am - 5pm
River Street, Savannah, GA
A Free Event
Explore the many wonders of Gray's Reef National Marine Sanctuary and celebrate NOAA's 50th Anniversary! This free event lets you learn about the sharks, sea turtles, whales, and fish found at the reef!
- Discover the best fishing and diving spots in the Sanctuary
- Find out what makes a "live bottom" reef come alive
- Watch spectacular underwater films of Gray's Reef
- Touch live ocean creatures
- Experience the reef through Oculus virtual reality dives
- Learn about turtles and whales, and even fish tornadoes
- Count how many different kinds of sharks come through Gray's Reef -- (Yes, that includes the Great White)
- Hear the sounds of Gray's Reef -- it's loud down there!
- Ask a marine scientist about Gray's Reef
- Talk to locals who dive at Gray's Reef
- View beautiful art inspired by Georgia's coast and the ocean
- Be a scientist for a day with the Science on a Sphere Explorer interactive satellite technology
- See the boats that NOAA uses
- Learn about cutting-edge marine technologies
More information coming soon!
Facebook Event: Gray's Reef Expo: Celebrating NOAA's 50th Anniversary