The Gray's Reef administrative offices are located on Skidaway Island near Savannah, Ga., on the campus of the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography .
The sanctuary itself is only accessible by boat, and does not run boat tours, fishing trip or dive trips. However, many independent boat
operators run fishing trips and dive trips to the Sanctuary.
Although Gray's Reef does not make recommendations you can click here for area diving and here for a area fishing information.
A "virtual" visit to Gray's Reef can be experienced at one of our exhibit partnerships:
- Tybee Island Marine Science Center
(Tybee Island, near Savannah, GA)
- University of Georgia's Marine Education Center and Aquarium (MAREX)
(Skidaway Island, near Savannah, GA)
- The Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Georgia Southern University Museum
- Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve Visitor's Center
(mainland ferry dock in Meridian, GA)
- South Carolina Aquarium
- Riverbanks Zoo and Garden,
Each of these facilities hosts an exhibit about Gray's Reef, its
environment, the marine life found there and its importance within the National Marine Sanctuary Program. Exhibits range from dioramas to tanks with
live animals and invertebrates to interactive and videos. Gray's Reef continues to expand its exhibit outreach.